Architectural Committee

Home Improvement Request Form


What is it?

The Architectural Committee is made up of a Chairman who serves on the Home Owners Association Board as well as volunteers from the community.

What does it do?

The Architectural Committee’s primary role is to protect our community’s property values. We all invest a lot of time and money into our homes and all it takes is a few homeowners to begin a spiral of non-compliance that can negatively impact our homes market value. As the United States government uses the Constitution as its governing document, we use the Park at Forest Green Covenants and Restrictions available on this site. For all intents and purposes, this document includes the primary “rules” for what a resident is and is not allowed to do with his or her property.

Why would I need to use the Architectural Committee?

If you are remodeling, building a deck or starting a landscape project – read the Park at Forest Green Covenants and Restrictions. If you are in compliance than nothing further needs to be done. If you are not sure, or wish to challenge a restriction, you will have to submit a completed Architectural Guidelines Approval Form (available as a PDF from this website) and submit it to the Architectural Committee – who will meet, discuss and vote on your request. If you are not happy with the outcome, under the Park at Forest Green Covenants and Restrictions, you can appeal to the Park at Forest Green HOA, which will be binding.

What about re-painting my house?

If you are planning on repainting your house the same color, than you do not need to get any approvals. If however, you are planning on changing the color of your house, you will need to submit a sample to the Architectural Committee for approvals.

Send all correspondence to:

Park at Forest Green

c/o Architectural Committee

14300 Newton St.

Overland Park, KS 66223